Sunday, December 9, 2012

Phenomenal Woman

Phenomenal Woman By: Maya Angelou

I'm so jealous of you. The fire in your eyes, the bend of your hair, inner mystery, you have it all; confidence. Why can't I be just a little bit more like you? There I am sitting in the class room, silent. I used to not be. I'm full of character, a triumph story, yet I'm silent. I'm like a plant ready to pop out of the ground. All I ever wanted was for someone to like me, to notice! I lack the confidence, but I can't seem to gain it. No inspiration I have lost my way- way back last year, and I am on this new road taking me to success, while all you guys sit in that desk thinking who to ask to the next dance, or where you'll be going on a damn mission, but none of you care about the now, then, or what really matters, because if you did than you'd take a chance to know me, know us, because were phenonmenal women.

http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/maya_angelou/poems/492


No comments:

Post a Comment