Monday, October 15, 2012

Even Duct Tape Can't Fix Me

This gray, sticky adhesive, strong thing, rolled in a circle around a flimsy cardboard roll, can't even fix me. It can't fix me because my issues are far more than the average broken cup handle on grandmas china set, broken vase, lamp, Halloween decoration. It's far more than that.

Can't fix what I saw, these images are engraved in my head. I stick this piece of duct tape on my eyes, but than my memory pulls up the image. I can't duct tape the memory.

What I heard was worse though. They say sticks and stones can break you're bones, and words will never hurt ya. Well I wish you just threw the sticks and the bones at me, because what I heard, shattered my heart, made me forget who I am, feel empty inside, made me run and vomit, because of how sick those words made me feel.

This duct tape can't fix what I should have done, should have said. I'll have this regret for the rest of my life, and no this stupid little gray sticky thing can do nothing right now to fix it. All it can do is stick to my finger, helplessly.

I can wrap myself in this stuff, and jump off a bridge. I'd plunge right into the water and I'd be gone, I'd forget about it all, but wait this sticky stuff isn't water proof, I'd be able to swim back up to the surface. So never mind, this stuff really can't help me.

I can try and forget about it all, and just use this stuff for the time I break something, you break something, or he breaks something. I'm only human, and I really can't let myself go because I went through this, I just have to live on, and find a way to forget it, because this duct tape right here, right now, can even fix me.

1 comment: